Home values in Ohio have been in a slump, along with the rest of the nation. Home values in 20 US cities fell by a record annual rate of 18.04% as of October 2008 according to the S and P / Case Schiller Index.
With all the controversy how do you find a reputable real estate appraiser to provide a safe and sound valuation of your home or property?
According to Stickelman and Associates a leading Ohio real estate appraisal company here are some things you should know when you’re looking for a real estate appraisal company:
- A company that employs experienced and qualified Certified Residential Appraisers.
- Appraisers with experience, ask how long they’ve been doing this.
- Certified Appraisers are held to a code of ethics known as the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Your final appraisal document in most cases should be at least 15 pages long, with supporting photographs, and maps.
- Reputable Real Estate Appraisers are required to adhere to federal and state appraisal guidelines. Failure to stick to these guidelines could result in the appraiser being suspended, fined, or the loss of their appraising license.
My Pizza Cake is a Cincinnati based company that creates cakes that look like they should be delivered by your local pizzeria.
My Pizza Cake sent me on of their unique creations to try this week. My son thought it was really cool that it looked just like a pizza. The “crust” is made of chocolate chip cake, the “sauce” is butter cream icing, the pepperoni and mushrooms are made of chocolate, and the cheese and green peppers are made of icing.
My Pizza Cake was started by was started by Debbie Meyer, a confirmed baker and chocoholic. Debbie’s story has been featured in Taste Cincinnati Magazine, and her cakes were featured on an episode of the Food Network’s Good Eats.
If you’re looking for something fun and unusual, or a great conversation starter have one of their cakes delivered for your next gatherings. The cakes are shipped overnight to most US locations.
The pizza cakes would make a fun gift for a pizza lover, for Father’s Day, or a kid’s sleepover. Slip it in when the pizza is delivered and see who notices first!
For more information, or to order one of their pizza cakes please visit the My Pizza Cake website.
Hi I’m Linette, and I’m excited to post the first entry here on Savoring Ohio! We’ll be bringing you fun stuff from all over Ohio, from festivals, to wine, to recipes, Ohio business spotlights, special events, dining and visitors guides. We’ll be sharing our favorites from the great state of Ohio.
I hope you enjoy your visit, and stop back often to see what’s new here. Subscribe to our feed so you don’t miss any of the great information, recipes, and images we have to share.